Monday, November 2, 2009

When did my mom become Elaine?


I was in the shower today and heard someone out of the bathroom door talking to me. Now I could tell right away that it wasn't my 3 year old, Trigg because he just barges in and says what ever he wants: fruit snacks, juice box, Dora, go to Addie's to play etc.

It was not Trigg but I did recognize the voice. I said, " What, is that you Sherry?" Thinking it might be my sister Sherry. The mystery person answered, "no, it's Elaine." What? When did my mom become Elaine to me? When did that happen? I purposely don't call my my mother in law (as much as I love her), I don't call her mom because that is not her name to me, my mom's name is mom. It would be like calling my husband "Frank" when his name is actually Dave, (or Mr. Mantastic.)

So as I finished my shower, I asked "Elaine" to wait 5 minutes until i got out, which she did. But for the rest of my shower (all 5 minutes of if it) I wondered why she identified herself as Elaine and not my mom. It was a ilittle distressing but now I am over it, kinda. I'm really not trying to make her feel bad, she is the best "Elaine" ever and always will be to me. But she is also the best mom ever and always will be to me. Even if she starts to call herself Elaine, I will always call her mom.
Hormonal today? Probably, probably every day. Love you Elaine.

7 comments:

Sarah said...

I can't believe you are posting!! I love it!: ) That's funny that your mom called herself Elaine, Mom's are so crazy...wait you are a mom...umm....strike that...mom's are awesome!

Sarah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

look at you goofballs on the beach in sweats. That's so funny ;) Yeah -- I'd never call my mom Elaine....especially since her name is Beverly....but It would be weird if she identified herself to me as Beverly. I got ya ;)

Matt and Jill said...

That's hilarious!! I totally get the "mom" title, though - there's only one Mom for every girl!!

Wendy said...

Once a mom forever a mom....That's to funny that she has passed the "mom" stage now and has now become her name again. Is that past the "grandmother" stage? Either way, funny mom!

sherry said...

That's funny. I almost put her in my phone as "Elaine". Because Rachael once tried to call Wendell on it by clicking on "Dad". She got whoever got Dad's cell phone number after he died. I couldn't do it though. It is still in there under mom.

abo-bder said...


شركة مكافحة حشرات ببيشة
شركة تنظيف مجالس وكنب ببيشة
شركة مكافحة حشرات بالباحة
شركة تنظيف مجالس بالباحة