Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Give a little, get a little...

The week I spent with Cassie, I took Lexi on a walk after conference to get her out of the condo and to give Cassie and Brandon some peace for a while. There was a little brook by the side of the condos and we decided it would be fun to throw some rocks.

Big rocks....

Little rocks.....

Big splash.....

Little splash....until Lexi was so cold she was turning purple.

While I sat with her,
picking up the rocks and wiping off the dirt, I was thinking how fun it was and how I probably hadn't spent this much one on one, quality time with Trigg since he was born. I started to feel really guilty that I had left my whole family to have Cassie's family all to myself.

Spring Break week I packed up my whole family, minus poor Dave who had to work, and went to Orange County to st
ay with his family.

The beach was calling me.

One day, we all went to the beach on a cold day just to walk and feed the birds and watch the waves.

All of a sudden I found myself crou
ched down, with the little Trigger.

We got to throw rocks.

Just him and me.... kind of.

Big rocks...

Little rocks..

Big wave....

Little wave....

Sometimes, we just get lucky!



5 comments:

Cassie said...

That was so cute! I love the pic of you holding Trigg and smiling.

Sarah said...

What a cute post, I am crying a little bit!! So since you gave a little to Trigg, does that mean, you get to get a little and come see BS with me? LOVE YOU!

Callie Proffitt Christiansen said...

That kid says some of the cutest things. I loved singing the scarry song with him to put him to bed.

Michelle said...

Darling.
They get big so fast.

Wendy said...

Love the memories you are making with your children! I am sure they will remember it just like you will remember it! Treasure the small moments with your babies!