Saturday, April 25, 2009

Trigg


Trigg is my surprise.

You think your done having kids and then one day, surprise. By that I mean that the single last lonely sperm left in Dave, fought his way through latex, into my fallopian tube and ripped out an egg that wasn't supposed to be out yet, and attached itself to my uteran wall. Sorry if that was too graphic for you but seriously! Not only that, but it had to be a boy sperm. Boys 4. Girls 1. Way to go Mr. Mantastic.

I was okay with this.





And I loved this.



Not so much this.




or this.

Trigg, or Trigg-saster or Trigg-zillla, is mean.

Not so much mean-spirited, I don't think but still mean. He hits, he scratches, he pinches, and yes, he has been known to bite on occasion. Sometimes, unprovoked.

He has been written up at the gym SIX times. He has been grounded from the gym for weeks and months at a time. Most of the time his cousin Dax has been the victim but still, SIX times.

He tackles Jarem and pulls his hair for no reason. My gramma can't watch Trigg and Addie at the same time for fear of Addie's life.


He adds so much more stress to my life.

Sometimes I look
at him and think, why?

Just why?

But once in a while, usually when we are alone, I look at his brown/green eyes that are exactly the same color as my dads (not attractive, but familiar), and I know why I love him.

I still don't know why I had him, but I know why I love him.

Most days, I want to tie him up in a chair, or just tie his hands together (which I have tried).

Maybe, one da
y, I will know why I had him. But at least sometimes, I know why I love him.

I dream about his graduation, from medical school, and a letter I will get in 17 years from just one person that has learned about the gospel, or has had a better day because of Elder Dunyon.

I dream about a temple marriage to a sweet little girl, that lets me take her babies, and of a perfect fatherhood to at least 3 children.

Then I will k
now why I had him.

Or maybe Addie just learns some mad self defense skills and it saves her life one day.

Or that. Something, please?

10 comments:

Margaret Proffitt said...

Maybe it's because I haven't been around him much lately, but I haven't seen this "mean" side of Trigg. Last Sunday, I caught him fiddling with the handle of my car door. He told me he was "working on my car." So cute.

amy said...

You got me laughing my silly friend. Remember my prediction - he will be the only child that will be willing to take care of you when you're old and need your diaper changed.

Joy said...

Thanks guys, but please kill me if I EVER need my diaper changed!

Unknown said...

eeeeeeewwwwww.........i couldn't get passed the picture of a sperm ripping eggs in your fallopian tubes. GROSS! And you thought my iPhone on the potty blog post was bad ;)

Joy said...

It's "past" not "passed" Mr. fancy law student. Besides, potty talk is way grosser.

Callie Proffitt Christiansen said...

I still want video of him singing the 'scarry song'. I will bring my video camera over.

Rebecca said...

Marg, just so you know...he "worked" on my car so much that we had to replace a $400 part on my door. That wasn't so cute. We were sitting at an intersection by the freeway entrance and he decided to throw his croc out the window. Janee left a sharpee on the table so he decided to color all over it. Tate spent 15 minutes, I spent 1/2 hour and Joy ended up taking the finish off the table before getting it off. NOTsocute. I like to call him Triggzaster because he leaves disaster in his wake. HOWEVER, Joy forgot to mention how he snuggles up to you when you put him to bed, or how he looks at you with those big brown eyes (they are attractive) while you sing him a song in the rocking chair. She didn't say how he looks so innocent and completely baffled EVERY time he bites, hits, or draws blood and he gets in trouble. I'm pretty sure he has no idea why he is in trouble. Yep, every time. Ah Trigg. Someday you'll grow out of this and we will be sad.

Dan and Jan said...

Is he banned from the gym again? Call me if he needs a place to play!

Wendy said...

At times when you're frustrated the most just remember that he is blessed with the personality he has for a reason. He may one day surprise you with the special talents he has. Just keep loving him and tell him you love him, and yes... this too shall pass.

Nicole said...

But could he be any cuter?!!!
I have a Guszaster myself. I can relate. Let's get them together & see what they come up with.

Who wants a boring, well-behaved kid anyway?!!!!