Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Any day, is a Beach Day!



No trip to California can ever be complete without a trip to the beach. Rain, shine, or FREEZING cold, we will be there! I told my kids to get their swimsuits on and my brother in law, Austin said, "the water is freezing, there is no way they are getting in the water." I just said, " I know my kids and they will get in at least to their knees and I don't want sandy, wet pants." He still said, "no way." Sorry to rub it in Austin. Not only did they get in up to their knees but they all got in ALL the way. Jarem's full body dunk was not on purpose, poor kid. He got totally blind sided by a huge wave, along with Cole.






The beach we were at had a big sand ledge that the boys liked to run and do front flips off of.After the kids tried to thaw out from getting wet, they walked down the beach to see the "big rocks". I let Dave go with them because I was freezing and hey, if you've seen one big rock, you've seen them all. Besides, someone had to keep Gramma Storer company. They were really cool though. The kids had a blast climbing all over them.













Not pictured are Jared, Wendy, Cole, Kate, Lizzie, Sarah, Austin and Gramma Storer. Apparently my camera gravitates to my own kids. I'll try to be better at that. Also not pictured is the attack of the birds. The kids (oh yeah, and Dave, his dad and Austin) had to take random food and stand in the middle of the beach and try to get the birds to take the food from their hands. There were a million disgusting seagulls everywhere. Sarah was terrified, she has a thing about birds. Personally, I don't see the attraction to a bird attack but hey, whatever. The kids love it and Trigg can spend hours feeding and chasing the birds. When it comes to the beach, we mostly only see his back side. We had an awesome picnic lunch and a fabulous time!

Here is Jarem after his encounter with the wave. Like I said....freezing. But was it worth it? Heck yeah, worth every minute!

10 comments:

Gray Family said...

How can you possibly not get wet at the beach?! Come on seriously Austin! I love the pictures though - there's nothing quite like wearing snow gear while watching the waves! I would have loved to see the flips, did Dave get in on the action too? Looks like fun - so jealous.

Joy said...

It was a blast and we missed you guys. We tried to take pictures of the flips. Unfortunately Dave was not brave enough!

The best mom EVER!!! said...

Joy, I just read your whole blog. Wow, what a great blog, i just love it. It rivals Sarah's. In the immortal words of Dori, keep on swimming :).-jen

Sarah said...

Dude...did you see how big that bird was...and when you have a HUGE seagull rip your very favorite sandwich out of your hand, then we will talk about it...We had so much fun with you guys, I'm so glad you got to come and made me work out...even if I still am sore ;)

Joy said...

Just think Sarah, if you lived closer, you could work out with me EVERY DAY! I know, you can hardly wait. Thanks for the comments guys, miss you tons!

sherry said...

Just yesterday Bren asked to go to the beach. I thought it was a pretty random thing to ask in the winter. Apparently not...

Joy said...

In this family, the beach is a year round thing. Rain or shine, it's beach time!

Smithfamily said...

HEy I am glad I found you, I hope all is well with you and your family. We are doing good loving staying home with Karly. Check out my blog and see my hand out....I am doing a drop in babysitting service if you or Rebecca would use it I would love to see you.....

Dunyon family said...

Narly. Too bad we missed it!

Dunyon family said...

by the way, this is Brooke. I guess I wasn't signed into my account.