Thursday, January 29, 2009

Jayson Dodge

I smell like baby barf, my car is a mess, I don't remember the last time I had time to shave my legs, I consider it a luxury if I had time to blow dry my hair, makeup is rarely an option, I wear sweats daily and sometimes they are actually clean, my "big" t-shirts aren't quite so big anymore, my toe-nails are in need of attention, I'm dressed up if I am wearing earrings with my big t-shirts, shiny silver strands keep popping up on my head, I consider 4 hours of consecutive sleep a good night, my girls don't get their hair combed as much as they should, I have knots in my back and my neck from bouncing and rocking and holding...


Oh wait, was that Michelle's exact post from a couple of days ago? Yes, yes it was. It must be because I was TAKING CARE OF HER BABY! Just kidding Michelle, he's awesome. He hums to me when he is eating and just about to fall asleep, he gives me huge smiles when he is just waking up from a nap, he lets me do his hair in a really cool faux hawk and he has a tiny dimple on the left side of his face when he smiles really big. But I do smell like baby barf ALL the time. You would not believe the amount of barf that comes out of this kid! I can't believe he gains any weight at all.

My advice to my sister Callie who thinks she is ready for a baby, RIGHT NOW, take one for at least three days and then decide. I LOVE babies, everything about them. The smell, the taste, the sounds, the feel of their chubbers, tiny little hands, not to mention their irresistabe cheeks....both sets. I love having a baby in my house, the whole feel of it, the way their littlle eyes roll back in their heads when they're eating, like they are in heaven, I love it.

HOWEVER, I do NOT want one PERMANENTLY in my house. So bring on the new babies! I would love to take care of them for you whenever you want (as long as I get the ok from my husband of course). I will love them, wake up with them in the middle of the night, bounce them when they are fussy, clean them up when they are pukey, all of it. For me, it's like having a new toy for a couple of days. Which is why I have to get the ok from my husband because I tend to ignore everything else while I play with my new toy. BUT, I will happily give them back when you come home.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Joy - you are fantasitc. Thank you for the sweet post. Thank you for loving on my baby. THank you for being such a great friend. Thank you for handling his barf. Thank you for waking up with him in the middle of the night. Thank you for loving his dimple. Thank you for doing his hair. Thank you for feeding him. Thank you for loving his little hum. thank you thank you thank you.
I hope one day I can repay you somehow.

Margaret Proffitt said...

I hope you feel the same way next week after 5 days of Teichert! You really do have a gift for loving on those tiny babies.

And maybe Callie will feel differently about kids after a few sleep-overs with Booker. He tends to yell out random things in the middle of the night.

Callie Proffitt Christiansen said...

I don't want a baby RIGHT NOW, I want to start the process of trying to get a baby RIGHT NOW.

sherry said...

You asked for it. Let's see if you feel the same way after a few days of the dreaded Abigail! You may be wishing for the pukey baby...Here she comes!