Tuesday, December 9, 2008

BABY, what Baby?!



This is me with my baby...oh wait, that's me with Margaret's baby. Isn't he the cutest thing ever? Don't get too attached, he never sleeps.





Okay, THIS, is my baby. What? He's not a baby, you say, he's a small child? No way, this is the baby.
Maybe we think he's the baby
because he still has his bippy (pacifier). Maybe we think he's the baby because he can't go to sleep without a special blankie with a special tag, his bippy and a "rock-a-minute" in the rocking chair. This routine may or may not include a "ni night bottle" but I refuse to confirm or deny any of those rumors.
Maybe it's because he still sleeps in his "ni night crib"/baby prison with a crib tent over it so he can't get out unless I get him out.
Maybe it's because he's still in diapers when my other kids were totally potty trained by this age.Maybe it's because until now, any time I had a child his age, which is now closer to 3 than 2, I already had another baby. Yes, this is the baby. He will probably stay the baby until he kicks me out of his rocking chair, sets up his big boy bed himself, potty trains himself , fixes me some dinner and drives himself to college. I will save his bippy and his blankie though, just in case. Sometimes I think I might be ruining my children, especially since this one likes to run around hitting, pinching, pulling hair and yes, biting on occasion. Anything to torture Jarem, Dax and Addie. But I can't be doing that badly if my baby can do this, right?
Oh wait, that wasn't me, that was Dora. I'm waiting for Dora to come over and potty train him too....

9 comments:

Unknown said...

So cute Joy, and don't worry, my mom still calls me her baby, and i LOVE it. Can't wait to see you guys this Christmas!

Joy said...

Thanks Sarah, having a boy baby isn't quite the same as a girl baby, hopefully Trigg will love it too. Can't wait to see you too!

Wendy said...

It's so cute to see him singing and don't worry, I'm sure we all spoil our last ones! Thanks for caving into the peer pressure and doing the blog.

Gray Family said...

There is nothing wrong with spoiling the baby in the family - nothing wrong with spoiling the first born too ;) Love the singing - great job Dora! When she's done potty training Trigg send her over for Nate.

Joy said...

Oh that makes me feel so much better that Nathan isn't potty trained either! I wish I could remember what I did with the other kids and why it worked.

Callie Proffitt Christiansen said...

I was awesome. He is dang cute. Not homely. Be careful his blanky will become what my Pillow is. He'll probably have it in his back pocket as he drives off to college.

Robyn and Anthony said...

Your kids are really cute. Your family pictures look great! Let Dave know your creeping up on your one year with out a accident! He owes you something! Take care, Have a Merry Christmas. Anthony Mackelprang

Margaret Proffitt said...

Let's trade babies.

Joy said...

Anthony, so great to hear from you! I knew there was a reason I started a blog! I'll let Dave know he owes me dinner, you guys have a great Christmas too.