Thursday, December 18, 2008

I DON'T HAVE TO EAT THIS!


I KNOW, there are starving children all over the world who would kill to get this much food to eat. And I know that I really shouldn't waste the $.10 this probably represents in food. I know I shouldn't put it in the garbage but I DON'T have to eat this! This is what ruins my diet. I also don't have to eat two half eaten triangles of peanut butter and honey sandwich, half of a half of a bagel with strawberry cream cheese. And yes, it does look good to me. THIS is the downfall of my diet. Leftovers. It's like I have a physical disability that doesn't let me throw this stuff away. I know that it's ok to waste it and it is BETTER to throw it away than to add it to my caloric intake for the day. (Heaven knows I need no help adding to that). IT'S JUST SO HARD. It's there, I'm always hungry and if I don't eat it, it will go to waste and all the poor starving children come into my head and hey, that is money down the drain, RIGHT? It is all my children's fault for not eating it themselves. Curse their tiny little stomachs that can't even finish a whole sandwich. What is wrong with them?





THIS is ok to eat. If my daily caloric intake is going to go up, this is an acceptable thing to make that happen. THESE calories are worth it. I am trying to give up the leftovers so I have more room for this. WHY is left over mac and cheese, peanut butter and honey sandwiches, etc. so appealing and WHY am I so cheap that I am unwilling to waste the pennies that are left in that bowl or that plate. Please tell me it is ok to TRHOW AWAY the leftovers. Maybe that can be my New Year's resolution, I will try and start right now. NO leftovers, more cookies, candy, homemade salsa with chips, cinnamon rolls, and treats. (So please keep giving them to me). Does that sound like a good diet plan? I'll let you know how it works.

6 comments:

M.W. said...

Hello. I just stumbled on your blog and read this post. I have a hard time throwing away extra food on my plate too, but I heard somewhere (tv or a book or something) that even though there are starving children out there, they aren't going to benefit at all from you eating everything on your plate every time and feeling horrible for it. Try not to feel bad for throwing that food away. You don't HAVE to eat it and you don't have to feel guilty for enjoying sweets! It's the holidays :) Merry Christmas!

Unknown said...

The starving kids aren't gonna eat it if you eat it instead of throwing it away. So, the kids rae out of luck -- they'll starve either way....so don't stress about it! Besides, teh money you spent buying the food gets sent to big corporations who have charitable gifts to organizations that feed poor starving kids. Hopefully that helps put you at eease. When in doubt, throw it out!

Joy said...

That's awesome Sarah, I guess i never really thought of it that way. Whatever keeps the food from my hips.....

Brooke and Aaron said...

I think it's Austin that said that.. but anyway it's true. I don't like to throw away food either. Maybe you can save all the kids' leftovers for Dave to eat, then the food doesn't get wasted and it's also not going on your hips. Walah! :)

Dan and Jan said...

Marianne always says "better to go to waste than to go to MY waist" Words to live by.

Joy said...

What?! Austin left those words of wisdom? Who knew, they sounded just like Sarah. Sorry Austin.